This page covers hotels on M5 motorway in England (Birmingham – Bristol – Exeter). First there are hotels directly at M5 services. Then, for each section of M5, you can find other conveniently located hotels just off M5 junctions. The locations are sorted from north to south (from Birmingham to Exeter).
- Hotels at M5 Services
- Hotels on M5 near Birmingham
- Hotels on M5 near Worcester
- Hotels on M5 near Gloucester, Cheltenham
- Hotels on M5 near Bristol
- Hotels on M5 near Taunton
- Hotels on M5 near Exeter
Hotels at M5 Services
The following are hotels directly at M5 service stations (there are more services on M5 motorway, but not all of them have hotels).
- M5 Strensham Services (J7-8, mile 39, km 62, between Worcester and Gloucester) – Days Inn Tewkesbury
- M5 Michaelwood Services (J13-14, mile 72, km 116, north of Bristol) – Days Inn Michaelwood M5
- M5 Sedgemoor Services (J21-22, mile 109, km 176, between Bristol and Taunton) – Days Inn Hotel Sedgemoor
- M5 Taunton Deane Services (J25-26, mile 133, km 215, near Taunton) – Days Inn Taunton
Hotels on M5 Motorway near Birmingham
M5 motorway starts near West Bromwich, northwest of Birmingham, at its interchange with M6. While most hotels in Birmingham are several miles away from the M5, there are a few hotels in West Bromwich and Oldbury very close to M5 junctions.
- Search hotels in West Bromwich near M5 Jct 1
- Search hotels in Oldbury near M5 Jct 2
- Search hotels in Birmingham
- You can sort or filter the hotels by room rate, stars, location, guest review rating, and several other criteria.
There is also one hotel close to junction 4, south of Birmingham – Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove.
Hotels on M5 Motorway near Worcester
There are several hotels located conveniently just off M5 junctions 5 and 6, near Droitwich and Worchester:
- Holiday Inn Express Droitwich (J5) – free parking, free WiFi, meeting/business facilities
- Premier Inn Bromsgrove South (J5) – free parking, good for families with children
- Premier Inn Worcester (J6) – free parking, good for families with children
- The Pear Tree Inn & Country Hotel (J6) – free parking, free WiFi, meeting/business facilities
- Search all hotels in Droitwich and Droitwich Spa (J5, J6)
- Search all hotels in Worcester (J6, J7)
A few miles south of Worcester and just north of the start of M50 (Jct8) there is a hotel at Strensham Service Station – Days Inn Tewkesbury.
Hotels on M5 Motorway near Gloucester, Cheltenham
Just north of Cheltenham there are several hotels in Tewkesbury (1 mile from M5 junction J9). One of the hotels is immediately next to the junction – Premier Inn Tewkesbury.
The section of M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester has plenty of accommodation options close to M5 junctions. Some of the best and most conveniently located hotels include the following.
Hotels on M5 near Cheltenham (J10, J11)
- Premier Inn Cheltenham West (J10) – free parking, good for families with children
- Briarfields Motel (J11) – free parking
- Thistle Cheltenham (J11) – business facilities (meeting, banquet, fax, photocopying etc.), pool, gym
- Cheltenham Regency Hotel (J11) – free parking, free WiFi, business facilities
- Search all hotels in and near Cheltenham
Hotels on M5 near Gloucester (J11a, J12)
- Holiday Inn Gloucester / Cheltenham (J11a) – free parking, good for families with children, fitness, pool, sauna, playground
- Premier Inn Gloucester Barnwood (J11a) – free parking, rooms and facilities for disabled guests
- Premier Inn Gloucester Business Park (J11a) – free parking, good for business travellers (large working desk in room)
- Holiday Inn Express Gloucester (J12) – free parking, meeting facilities
- Search all hotels in and near Gloucester
Hotels on M5 Motorway near Bristol
North of Bristol and several miles north of the M4/M5 Almondsbury Interchange there are two conveniently located hotels:
- Days Inn Michaelwood M5 at Michaelwood Service Station (northbound; there is a footbridge from the southbound side)
- Best Western Gables Hotel off junction J14
Next to the M4/M5 interchange, off M5 junction J16, there are several hotels very close to the motorway in Almondsbury.
There are two hotels close to junction J17: Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway and Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel.
The centre of Bristol is accessible through junctions J16-19. Here you can search hotels in Bristol.
The towns on the coast west and south-west of Bristol are very close to M5 motorway and might be good choices for accommodation:
- Search hotels in Portishead (J19)
- Search hotels in Clevedon (J20)
- Search hotels in Weston-super-Mare (J21)
Hotels on M5 Motorway near Taunton
There is a hotel at Sedgemoor Service Station (northbound), J21-22, between Weston-super-Mare and Taunton: Days Inn Hotel Sedgemoor.
There are two hotels with high guest review ratings close to M5 junction J22 near Burnham on Sea:
- The Battleborough Grange Hotel & Restaurant
- Fox and Goose Inn
- Search hotels in Burnham on Sea (on the coast, 2 miles from J22)
Between Burnham and Taunton there are a few hotels in Bridgewater (J23-24). One of the best located hotels is The Walnut Tree Hotel close to Jct24. Here you can search hotels in and near Bridgwater.
The highest number of hotels on this section of M5 is directly in Taunton or close to junction 25, which is the exit to Taunton. The hotels closest to M5 J25 are:
Here you can search all hotels in and near Taunton.
There is also a hotel directly at Taunton Deane Service Station (south of J25): Days Inn Taunton.
Hotels on M5 Motorway near Exeter
The hotels with best access to M5 near Exeter are:
- Gipsy Hill Hotel – just off junction 29 (Exeter, Honiton Road – A30, Exeter Airport)
- Holiday Inn Express Exeter – just off J29
- Blue Ball Inn – just off J30 (Exeter, Exmouth Road – A376)
Search hotels in Exmouth (on the coast, 8 miles from M5 J30)
Jump to hotels on other M5 sections: