Palmovka Metro Station
Palmovka metro station is located in the eastern part of Prague’s greater city centre, in the western part of Liben, between Holesovice and Vysocany. It is on metro line B, 3 stops from Florenc and 5 stops from Mustek (direction to Cerny Most).
Neighbouring metro stations are Invalidovna (city centre side) and Ceskomoravska (in Vysocany).
Metro Service at Palmovka
It takes about 10 minutes or less to go by metro from Palmovka to the popular places in Prague city centre like Namesti Republiky, Old Town, or Wenceslas Square. The metro operates daily from about 5 am to midnight. Intervals between trains range from 2-3 minutes during the peak to 10 minutes late in the evening.
Trams at Palmovka
Besides being a metro station, Palmovka is also a very busy tram junction. Trams go to 5 different directions from here:
- To the south-west to Florenc and the city centre (the tram stop is in Zenklova Street in the south)
- To the west to Holesovice (the tram stop is in the street leading to Libensky Most)
- To the north to Kobylisy (the tram stop is in Zenklova Street in the north)
- To the east to Balabenka and Vysocany (the tram stop is in Na Zertvach Street)
- To the south to Zizkov and Vinohrady (the tram stop is in Zenklova Street in the south)
Palmovka Bus Station
In the past, Palmovka used to be a big regional bus station. Its importance decreased rapidly after the metro was extended to Cerny Most in 1998, but there are still several local bus lines terminating at Palmovka bus station at present.