Zelivskeho bus station is much smaller than Florenc Bus Station, but there are a few long-distance buses which terminate at Zelivskeho and don’t go to Florenc – for example some buses from Poland to Prague.
Zelivskeho Bus Station Location
Zelivskeho Bus Station is located in the eastern part of Prague in the 3rd district in the area referred to as Vinohrady or Olsany (these are two distinct areas and Zelivskeho Station is approximately at their border). The bus station is situated next to the crossing of Vinohradska Street (very long street leading to the top of Wenceslas Square) and Jana Zelivskeho Street.
Jan Zelivsky was a Czech priest and radical Church reformer during the Hussite times in Prague in the early 15th century.
Getting from Zelivskeho to City Centre
Zelivskeho Bus Station is relatively far from the city centre, but it has an excellent public transport coverage, which makes it very easy and quick to get to most parts of Prague. There is a metro station with the same name (Zelivskeho) under the bus terminal. If you want to get to the city centre, take the metro (it is the green line A) in direction to Dejvicka. Get off at:
- Muzeum Station if you go to Wenceslas Square (top of the square), main train station or Florenc Bus Station (transfer to line C at Muzeum Station)
- Mustek Station if you go to Wenceslas Square (bottom of the square)
- Staromestska Station if you go to the Old Town – it takes about 10-12 minutes
- Malostranska Station if you go to Prague Castle
- Dejvicka Station (the final one) if you go to Prague Airport – there is a direct bus number 119 from Dejvicka to the airport
Besides the metro, there are several bus and tram lines at Zelivskeho Station.
Hotels near Zelivskeho Bus Station
There are considerably fewer hotels and accommodation options in this part of Prague compared to the city centre. Nevertheless, there are some very good hotels near Zelivskeho bus station and many of them offer lower rates compared to the ones in the centre. The most conveniently located is Dorint Hotel Don Giovanni Prague, a big and very high quality 4 star hotel overlooking the bus station. Just one metro station from Zelivskeho, there are several good hotels near Flora metro station.